I teach students to develop and to maintain their vocal progress. I emphasize singing confidently and help students to realize their full potential.
Vocal classes are individual and consist of training the singer to develop proper vocal habits: good posture, strengthened deep breathing, and release of tension around the vocal mechanism allowing resonance to occur naturally and completely.
**During the first lesson, I meet with the student, discuss their goals for taking voice lessons, listen as they sing and offer an initial assessment of how I would begin instruction.
For a successful first lesson:
* Bring two or three songs that you sing well, with two copies of the sheet music.
* (one copy for you and the second one to allow me to accompany you on the piano.
* Please do not bring tapes, CD's or tracks to sing with since there is no time for set up.)
* You can purchase the sheet music at a "sheet music store" or purchase online.
* I'm happy to help you find a store near you.
* Bring tape recorder and an empty cassette tape to record your session.
* This will allow you to review your lesson at home.
* Please feel free to ask any questions.
Payable lesson by lesson (check or cash)
* Fees are based on 55 minutes of instruction per hour.
* Payment is expected at the time of service unless prior arrangements have been made.
* Student must give at least 24 hours cancellation notice. If cancellation occurs with less than 24 hour notice, a full fee is charged for the missed session.
* Sessions begin and end promptly at the scheduled time. It is the responsibility of the client to arrange his or her schedule to be on time.
If you are late, lessons will not run over the scheduled time.
* For bounced checks, a $30 processing fee will be charged in addition to the full fee of the instruction.